Saturday, February 25, 2006

Welcome to The Dialogue. This is the first official post. My name is Chris and I am a 22 year old professional (barely) for the moment in Washington, DC. I am originally from Norristown, Pennsylvania and I am a proud graduate of Devon Preparatory School (02) and the University of Notre Dame (05). My partner in this blog, Dan, should be the author of the next post and then, I guess we'll really be up and running.

What's the point of this blog? For me at least, it's mostly an experiment. I'm new at this and I hope the blog gets better with time, but I'm hoping for it soon to be a forum for, as the name would imply, Dialogue. We'll post quotes. We'll post articles. We'll post just about anything we dig up. We'll have arguments and debates and we'll readily discuss sports, politics, and even religion. Anyone, please feel free to post anytime you like with anything that seems remotely relevant. We'll try to keep things flowing and connected and of course make sure the posts are interesting, but anyone else is ENCOURAGED STRONGLY to contribute and comment at all times.

Who's right? Who's wrong? What's good and what's bad? Is getting Bobby Abreu worth the Phillies picking up Manny Ramierez? What's the deal with Health Savings Plans? Who was that guy who, one time, played Morty Seinfeld? What, really, is the deal with Roman Catholicism? Finally, what should you be doing with your time rather than reading my random thougths?

Maybe we will get to the answers. If I could I would promise that this blog will solve hunger, save humanity, and get the entire American electorate to vote by 2008. Of course I can't promise those things, so I at least hope that it'll fill some recreational time why we rest from trying to do them ourselves and maybe give us some hints along the way.
And I hope you like it.

-CTC

No comments: